- We legally own a wide range of intellectual property rights used in and relating to this website, including:
- the business-listings directory database (‘the database’) which you can get access to using this website;
- the design, text, graphics and other content of the web pages on this website, together with all the web addresses associated with those web pages, other than those which we use under licence;
- in parts of the software used in relation to this website.
- northlincolnshireadvertiser.com also has information supplied by other organisations, including information about:
- maps, licensed by Google. There are limits on what you can use map information for. Please visit www.maps.google.com for more details.
About these conditions
- For the purpose of these conditions, we refer to the northlincolnshireadvertiser.com website and the database collectively as ‘the website’.
- If you log on to or use any part of the website you agree to these conditions. If you do not want to agree to these conditions, do not log on to or use this website.
- We may change these conditions at any time without giving you notice. Please check these conditions from time to time for any changes. By continuing to use the website you agree to all the changes we make to these conditions.
- northlincolnshireadvertiser.com allows you to search for goods and services and to contact the organisations that provide these goods and services. You are allowed to use the website and the results of any search you carry out on the website for this purpose unless this is not allowed under paragraph 10 of these conditions.
- We may limit your access to some parts of the website depending on whether you have registered with us. Please do not tell other people your log in, password or any other piece of information that is part of our security procedures. We take steps to prevent people misusing the website and to make sure that our rights are not affected.
- You cannot use the website:
- for any unlawful purpose;
- to harm, threaten, abuse or harass another person, or in a way that invades someone’s privacy or is (in our reasonable opinion) offensive or is unacceptable or damaging to northlincolnshireadvertiser.com;
- to create, check, confirm, update or amend your own or someone else’s databases, records, directories, customer lists, mailing or prospecting lists;
- to tamper with, update or change any part of the website;
- in a way that affects how it is run;
- in a way that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionably large burden on the websites communications and technical systems as determined by us; or
- using any automated means to monitor or copy the website or its content, or to interfere with or attempt to interfere with how the website works.
- You use the website at your own risk.
- We advise you to make sure you are satisfied with the exact type and nature of goods or services being offered by any organisations you search for using the website. We also
recommend that you check the qualifications of people, companies and organisations
offering the goods or services. We are not an agent for and do not give guarantees for these organisations or their goods and services.
- You should not rely on the website for advice.
- As far as the relevant laws allow, no advice or information we, other members of our group of companies, officers, staff or other organisations connected to us give you any guarantees that:
- there will be no problems with how you use the website; or
- the computer or server you use to log on to the website is free of viruses or other harmful programmes.
Limits to our liability
- There is no limit to what we and the people who provide our services will be liable for if
someone dies or is injured because of something we have or have not done or because we have
- Under no circumstances will northlincolnshireadvertiser.com or any other organisation involved in creating, producing, maintaining or distributing the website be liable for any loss of:
- business or business opportunities;
- savings you expect to make;
- use of corrupted information; or
If we do not keep to these conditions, we will only be liable for losses you have suffered as a direct result. We are not liable to you for any other loss whether they are because we have not kept to our obligations or contract, because of something we have not done, due to defamatory statements or liability for a product or otherwise as a result of:
- using or relying on the website;
- not being able to use the website;
- any mistake, fault, failure to do something, missing information, or virus on the website or if it does not work properly because of incidents outside of our control such as (but not limited to) interruptions to communication and networks and circumstances beyond our control;
- theft, destruction of information or someone getting access to our records, programs or services without our permission;
- goods, products, services or information received through or advertised on the website or any links provided by the website; or
- any information, data, message or other material which you e-mail, post, upload, reproduce, send, or otherwise distribute or receive using the website.
The whole agreement
- These conditions make up the whole agreement between you and us in how you use the website. If a court decides that a condition is not valid, the rest of the conditions will still apply.
- The laws of England and Wales apply to your use of the website and these conditions. We control the website from within the United Kingdom. However, you can get access to the website from other places around the world. Although, these places may have different laws from the laws of England and Wales, by using the website you agree that the laws of England and Wales will apply to everything relating to you using the website and you agree to keep to these laws. We have the right to take you to court in the country you live in.
Updated: July 14 2012